Saturday, January 28, 2012

Light Therapy

 There is this special moment
around 9:30 in the morning as I sit at my desk at work,
where the sun hits the blue glass windows of the building
across the street and reflects right on my face.


It’s a bright light.
But not one that makes you feel like you’ve died
and are moving toward the light at the end of the tunnel.


No, not that kind of light. 

It's more of a warm light that makes you think of Summer days
sitting in the sun and drinking iced tea or homemade lemonade.


It’s a beautiful way to start my work day.  

I usually try to catch it in action,
 and take a picture in attempts to capture the peace,
the beauty of the bright light against warm skin.


I take some time to revel in it.
Let my computer screen go to black, and look up to the source of all life.
I close my eyes and breathe a little deeper. . .


. . .until the sun moves along to another building,
where it will shine its light upon someone else’s face. . .
. . .traveling light therapy for the soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment