Friday, July 20, 2012

Take Your Dog to Work Day

So as you may know, 
I am pretty much obsessed with dogs,
especially my own.
(You can read more on that here.)


So it shouldn't be a surprise when I tell you that last Friday
 I declared it:
"Take your dog to work day."

Kinda like, "Take your child to work day,"


but you know, furrier.

Guinness sittin' pretty under my desk.

No one in my office has ever brought their pet to work before,
but I thought, why not?

And you know what? It was a blast!
I was smiling pretty much all day.
I mean, can you blame me?
While I'm crunching numbers on our monthly budget
I couldn't help but giggle that Guinness is cuddling my feet all sweet-like.


Studies show that pets in the workplace improve
productivity, company morale, and reduces stress.
I agree!  
Wait, I don't know about the increasing productivity part,
I was a bit obsessed with taking pictures of him all over the office
(as you will witness shortly).


But here's me, for example, last Thursday, sans dog.

Seriously ready for the weekend to start.

And here is me on Friday when I brought Guinness to work.


I mean, look at me, I am making kissy faces people. 
'Nough said.

We had so much fun together!

We went for a walk in the city.

Downtown Doggie.

We took breaks out on the plaza.


He met a 3 month old Australian Shepherd named Foster,
and they discussed how they were both named after beer.

(I, unfortunately, didn't get a pic of Foster! NARF! He was so cute!!)



But fun aside, Guinness and I had some serious work to do.
Here is Guinness:

Getting out of a meeting...

As you can see from his face, it was an intense meeting.

Sitting by the front door ready to greet any 
guests with an enthusiastic and warm welcome.
He was a very diligent host.



On a conference call...



My boss asked Guinness what color he thought 
we should specify for a client's office,
and Guinness said, 
"Brown. I think everything should be chocolate brown."
DUH! 

After a busy morning, Guinness and I ate lunch together.
While I sifted through Interior Design Magazine,
Guinness took a liking to Architectural Digest.

My lunch.                     His lunch.

After lunch, I made him a latte, but he seemed indifferent.

Coffee snob. Oh well, more for me!


After lunch we played a little fetch to keep our energy up.

In between meetings of course.

 
My boss took a particular liking to Guinness
and they discussed the downtown skyline at length.


It was cute to see my framed picture of him on my desk,
and then see him just over the partition wall.





Throughout the day Guinney hung out by me in case I needed any help.
Foot warmer? No problem! 
What a good assistant! 


By 3PM, he was tuckered out. 
Naptime! 

Guinney crashed out in his bed under my desk.

I gotta say, I'm a bit jealous that I don't get a naptime.
I'm going to suggest this to HR. Oh wait, I'm HR.
New rule: Everyone gets a daily nap!
(Milk and cookies are optional.) 

A couple hours later, 
we wrapped up our work day and headed for home.


Guinness was excited to be reunited with his sister.
BFF's for-ev-ver!

Although Raja seems more interested in smelling the grass.

We went for our daily run and burnt off some steam.

It was a perfect end to a perfect days work
and a lovely start to our weekend. 

I truly loved having Guinness join me for the day,
 and I hope to be able to take him again soon.
Because as you know,
everyone enjoys:


 

Cheers! 

XOXO
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment