Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Nesting & Lullabies

The Sea a Dream, by: Liz Durrett

Lately, I've been sleeping in lists.
Lists of things to be done,
lists of things to buy, 
lists of people to call, to write, to visit.
Even lists of lists to make.

I don't recommend it.

With 6.5 months down,
and only 3.5 to go until this baby arrives,
the pregnant mind runs wild.
And I think this is what 'nesting' must be.

Because Travis and I have been working in overdrive.
Waking up early; staying up late.
Tying up loose ends. Working on the house to-do's
as well as getting the nursery
prepped, painted, ready for baby.

We figure we should try to do as much as we can now,
while we have the time, and well, while I can still touch my toes.
(Which, judging by this picture, won't be too much longer now.)

SIX MONTHS!!!
And yes, that's a unitard. Don't hate.
Throw on a nice oversized sweater and some boots and call it a day.
Perf for a much needed comfy prego look.

My point?
We are excited, but we are exhausted.

And when I heard this song today, it lulled me.
Like I will soon lull my baby.
A calm overcame me, and I felt better.
About all of it.
It's like it said to me, 
Chill out girl. All will be well.
It'll all get done.

I'm looking forward to that time.
When the lists have been checked,
 and we can relax, rest and savor our time,
just the two of us.
Before two become three.

The Sea a Dream makes me sleepy.
And maybe tonight, I won't sleep in lists.

Sweet dreams readers!

XOXO
Aimee


P.S. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment