Monday, December 3, 2012

Music Monday

Last week, we broke out the headphones
and started playing music for our baby.



Studies show that babies start to hear sounds at week 16,
so why not give him some good tunes to enjoy
while he works on his in-utero dance moves?
(Hopefully he takes after his Mama in the dancing department.)

First, we played some Nat King Cole,
and then moved on to Frank Sinatra.
I kept laughing at the idea of good ol' Frank
singing I've Got You Under My Skin.
'Cause, well, you know,
it is quite literal in this case.

And our baby boy loved it!
He was kicking and performing what I 
can only imagine were somersaults.
Travis had his hand on my belly and it was
 fun to see his reaction to his son's enthusiasm.

But of all the songs we played for our lil' guy,
Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World hit home for me. 
Maybe because it really is feeling like a wonderful world these days,
or maybe because it's the song my father and I danced to at my wedding.

Either way, baby,
 that's the good stuff.



Happy Monday readers!


XOXO
Aimee




1 comment:

  1. Love this! There's been some evidence that fetus's exposed to more complex beats other than the mother's heartbeat help develop more brain cognition after birth!

    ReplyDelete