Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hands to Belly


Over the past 5 months,
there have been a lot of hands on my belly.


 
My hand over theirs,
pressing in
to him.

I can feel him on the inside,
and my eyes jolt to them on the outside,
"Did you feel him?" I say with a smile.

It is an intimate moment.
Warm skin, 
round belly,
and baby doing acrobatics inside. 

I am the connection between
my husband and his son,
 my mother and her grandson,
my sister and her nephew.

It is truly a beautiful thing.

I will miss this once baby is born. 
I'll miss the feeling of him, popping about.
Even the kicks to the ribs,
I'll miss those too.
Because it is such a precious moment in time.
A time where baby is totally at peace within me,
and I am one with him.

With my due date fast approaching (1 day!!),
I am very anxious to meet our lil' man.
But I am also trying very hard to savor what time
I have left with this baby in my belly.

In these last days,
I will remind myself to cherish my last opportunities
to feel his kicks, his nudges,
his hiccups that remind me of a beating heart.

Because soon he will be on the other side of my skin.
Outside, pressing in
to my warmth.
To my heart.

XOXO
Precious Baby Carrier




Photo cred: www.jeremychou.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment