Monday, October 22, 2012

Nursery: Boy or Girl


We find out TODAY if we are having a boy or a girl!!
I could barely sleep last night because I was just so excited.
The anticipation is killing me! 

As excited as I am to start the fun task of decorating the nursery,
I have refrained from brainstorming too much until we find out the sex.
But last night I just couldn't resist the temptation!

I found these two gorgeous nurseries & they just melted my heart.

For a girl:

I'm in love with the whimsical feel of this lil' girls room.
The tissue paper puffs on the ceiling are my favorite.

I like the idea of keeping the walls neutral, 
and punching up the color with fabric and furniture accents.

For a boy:


I am a big fan of blue and orange. 
I felt like white furniture was more a girls room thing,
but I like how this room has the white furniture and it still feels very much boy.
Or at lease gender neutral. Which I am a fan of too.

Wall art. 
I love the "Oh the Places You Will Go" wall art in the above pic.
And this cool piece below.


I plan on getting out my paint brushes and adding
some fun personal touches to this nursery.

I want to create an inspiring and fun, yet restful space for all of us to be in.
And I'm sooo excited to get started! 

Right now the soon-to-be-nursery is my art studio.
And well, it has a ton of stuff in it. 
Large and small used and unused canvases.
Easles. (Yes, multiple easles.)
A huge antique wooden drafting table circa 1945.
Paint brushes. Pastels. Pencils.
Paper. Paper. & more paper everywhere!
And it all needs to move to our "guest room,"
which will no longer be a guest room at all.

There is so much to do. 
But I am hopeful we will soon have it all cleared out 
and we can get started on making that room 
a beautiful, fun place to welcome home our baby.
Boy OR girl! 

I'll keep you posted friends! 

XOXO
Aimee





No comments:

Post a Comment