Friday, October 19, 2012

Something Sweet, Yes Please...

It may be the pregnant lady in me,
but let's talk food.

I've had quite the sweet tooth these days.
And I am unapologetic about it.
I admit, 
it was ME who ate every single last Gummy Bear in the bag . . .

Source

. . . and ME who ate the whole row of the Mother's Peanut Butter Gauchos. 


If you ask me, 
it's practically criminal that they make them so good.
Not my fault! 

Other favorites as of late:
Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches

YUM! And only 150 calories!

OR
a coveted trip to Yogurtland for some 
vanilla bean and strawberry frozen yogurt,
topped with fresh strawberries and gummy bears 
and maybe a reeses or two, and and and! 

Seriously. This place is amazing.

Travis has been incredibly understanding.
He can see by that look in my eye,
this is serious business.

Haha. Ok, Ok.
I realize I sound like a crazy pregnant lady.
And I'm not really going to deny that.

But let's be clear,
 I'm not jumping on the fat train just yet.

Source
Woot woot!

In my defense,
I've only gained 2lbs. in my 16 weeks of pregnancy.
Because the reality is,
overall, I have been eating super healthy
and working out on the regular.

Running. Yoga. Spin Class.
You name it. I'm doing it.
And doing it 5-6 days a week.

I just recently broke down and purchased
the Tracey Anderson Pregnancy Project Work Out series.
9 months, 9 videos.
And let me tell you, that bitch be cray cray.




Travis laughs at me from the other room 
while I'm mid-Tracey Anderson-work-out.

Somewhere around the 30 minute mark
he hears me saying things like:

"For real lady?"
Or
"You've gotta be kidding me!"
Or, my favorite,
"I swear if I do another leg lift, my ass is going to fall off!"

But it's all for good reason.
You see, I figure if I am going to be growing a huge belly,
I might as well have a great ass.
And I think Travis would agree.

So that's my plan.
Try to keep this bump in the front,
and keep everything else, well, where it should be.
I realize this is easier said than done,
and ultimately this baby will do what 
it will to my body and I'll have to accept it.
(I'm sure that'll be a whole 'nother post.)

But for now, I'm setting goals.
And it's a big plus that what is healthy for me, 
is healthy for baby too.
My doc is super proud of me. 
Weight gain and work outs approved,
as baby is growing healthy and looking good.
She even said she wishes all of her patients were like me!
Hey! Thanks lady! 

I think that deserves a reward. In chocolate! 

I figure since I'm being "good" most of the time,
working hard to be healthy and active,
then by golly,
I am allowing myself the gift of a treat.
Or two. Or three. Or ten.
(And you are likely to find me giggling mid-bite.)



Photo by: Modhomeecteacher.
OK, I think we can all agree this is a bit overkill. 


Long story short,
I'm eating sweets. 
And no one can stop me.

Luckily it's close to Halloween,
which means candy will be abound. 
Yay! 

Have a sweet Friday readers!

XOXO
Aimee



No comments:

Post a Comment