Monday, October 15, 2012

You're the One I Want

Chris & Thomas, You're the One I Want

I gotta say,
Travis has been a super duper awesome husband these days.
I mean, he's always been, 
(see here for more on that)
but with this whole we're having a baby thing,
well, he has put his awesomeness into overdrive.


And I thought it proper to give him a big fat shout out
and a THANKS Babe!



We've been busy bees as of late,
and Travis has been especially helpful with all the house work, 
yard work and getting this humble abode of ours baby ready . . .
. . . all the while making sure I'm eating healthy, getting in my exercise and rest.


We've been on clean up/donate/throw away mode all weekend,
and needless to say, planning space for a nursery is 
 all very exciting and overwhelming at the same time.

(We have a lot of, shall we say, stuff.)

Maybe this place will take our stuff! 

But creating space for our baby is making it all feel very real.

Speaking of real, 
our last ultrasound (12 weeks) was so fun to witness.
We got to see our baby move his/her little hands and feet!
And look at that profile!
What a difference from the 8 week ultrasound! 


I think he/she has my nose! 
How cute!  (I'm not biased.) 

And if all that is not real enough,
we got to hear the baby's heartbeat last Friday!
It has to be the sweetest sound two soon-to-be parents can hear.
As soon as we heard it,
Travis popped up out of his seat and had the 
biggest, sweetest smile on his face. 
I don't know which was sweeter:
hearing the baby's heartbeat or looking at Travis' reaction to it.

I'm pretty sure my heart was ready to burst 
right out of my chest at the sweetness of it all.


We find out if we are having a boy or girl next week!
NEXT WEEK!  
(Haha, can you tell I'm excited?!)

It'll be so nice to be able to envision what we are having,
start planning decor for the nursery and 
tackle the tough task of brainstorming baby names.


If it's a girl, name chosing will be cake,
as we have a pretty sure winner in mind. 
But if it's a boy, 
ohhhh we have our work cut out for us.
Sooo tough!! 


But baby talk aside,
even though there is all this exciting stuff happening,
we are still managing to enjoy a little us time.


We attended a Shins concert a couple weeks ago.
(On a weeknight! GASP!)


We felt like such kids.

And it was sooo much fun! 
Note: I can't help but think how awesome it is that our baby 
got to experience a live concert via my belly. 
And the Shins of all bands.
What a cool lil' baby! :) 



We went to a Cirque de Soleil show in Hollywood.



We enjoyed a day out on a Duffy boat with some 
friends in beautiful Newport Beach Harbor.



All the while taking time to enjoy the simple pleasures of daily life,
like sunset bike rides with the pups. . . 



. . .  or watching our favorite HGTV classics 
like House Hunters International . . .



 . . . and catching ourselves saying things like,
"Can you believe they picked the overpriced three-bedroom condo in the 3rd 
district with the dingy carpet and the crappy kitchen? Me neither!!"

Haha. We enjoy such trivial things. 

But anyway, 
my point, and I do have one,
is that I'm really glad I'm on this road with this man.
What a lucky gal.




We celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary a couple weeks ago,
and well, the love just seems to grow deeper.


Our wedding. Sept. 25th, 2008.

And all this good stuff just reminds me on the daily:
He's the one I want. He's the one I need.
And this little ditty by Chris and Thomas is my tribute to just that.


Happy Music Monday readers! 

Cheers!

XOXO
Aimee










No comments:

Post a Comment