Thursday, November 8, 2012

a home office


Besides planning a nursery for our lil' one,
I'm also in the midst of planning a design for my home office/studio,
and I'm looking to pinterest and tumblr for inspiration.

I am beyond thankful that my boss is allowing me to
 work from home a couple days a week post-maternity leave,
and I am looking forward to creating a space 
that will be functional, comfortable and inspiring.




Here are just some of my favorite home office examples. 








I hope to meld together some of these elements 
using my existing furniture, while adding
a few fun accents here and there.

I admit,
looking at spaces like these make me a bit dreamy,
and I find myself writing stuff like this:




i crave a home office
with bright light shining
through white framed windows.


wooden floors,
planks side by side.
soft paint on walls,
& clever wall art in cute, caring arrangements.


i crave a desk with things
both minimal
and maximal
all in one.

neat, yet full.



i want books (in stacks)
and flowers (in vases)
and paper and pens (sprawled about).



i want things
old and new.
antique and freshly made.

i want it all.



ideas abound.
life inspiring.
color enveloping.
heart throbbing.


now, if i can only just get it.
create it.
make it.
have it.



i'll be content.




I think rainy days also make me dreamy.
There is something to be said for getting cozy in
 boots and scarves to welcome the change of pace.

Happy rainy Thursday friends!



XOXO
Aimee


See above pic sources and my home office inspirations on pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment