Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Catch Up Sesh 2013: Part Deux

As promised, catching up...

 Part Two:

Work and home life have been slightly insane these days.

At work I am prepping for 4 months of maternity leave:
finding and hiring a fill-in and trying 
not to leave my office in a state of total disarray,
even though the reality is that I mentally 
checked out a couple weeks ago.
It's hard to focus on taxes, company websites, and proposals
when you got baby on the brain.

And home life?
Well, there has been lots and lots and lots
of baby prep underway to say the least.

The house is scattered with books about babies:
How to nurture them in utero.
How to birth them.
How to care for them once they are finally in your arms.
Basically, how to not be a complete failure at parenthood.
No pressure!

We are on week 9 of our 12 week birthing class 
and are feeling somewhere in between 
being "ready" and being like, "holy shit!"





But I think that's pretty normal.

Truth is, we all know, we will never be
TOTALLY prepared for what's around the corner.
But that is all part of the fun.
Right? Right.

And at 35 weeks, baby is coming soon!


The countdown has officially begun.

So far, baby is looking healthy as can be,
and that makes me a happy Mama.


And as the weeks go by
this baby is growing, growing, growing!
It trips me out to see pics of me at 18 weeks,



and then see me in the same outfit at 34 weeks.


WHAO!


But ya know what?
I've had fun dressing the bump.

For a super cas dinner out with the hubs.


30 weeks.

For a cas day in the office.



For a night out on the town with my girls.

 31 weeks.

In my favorite casual dress.

  31 weeks.

For a chilly day in the office.
34 weeks.

Thankfully, I've stayed really active throughout 
this pregnancy in hopes to not only stay healthy for baby, 
but also to be healthy for me too.
And maybe, just MAYBE
I might get my pre-prego body back post-baby. (???)
Because, as much as I have loved and embraced being pregnant,
 I kinda miss looking like this:


Aug. 2012. 8 weeks prego.

I also miss putting on socks without having to make

an exhausted gasping sound.
Oh, the luxury!

For as busy as we've been,
I've been pretty good about keeping up with my prenatal work outs.
Tracey Anderson is still kicking my ass on a regular basis.





And I started taking a weekly prenatal 

yoga class that I'm really excited about.
It's a small class of only 5 Mamas, 
so the personal attention to form and focus is definitely a plus.
I've taken to walking rather than running in the last month, 
and although I find it to be pretty boring, 
it's much easier on the back.
And spin class is also a thing of the past,
even though I was still kicking the old guy's ass
next to me at a very pregnant 30 weeks.
(Ha! I'm slightly competitive.)

Overall, I gotta say, I'm pretty proud 
of myself for sticking with it. 
I've gained a total of 28 lbs,
which, according to my BMI,
 is right on par for where I should be.
So hopefully all my hard work will 
prove to be worth it in the end,
that I'll be in the physical condition needed to push
 out that baby, and also prepped and ready for post-baby recovery.
Fingers crossed!


OH, but work outs aside,

let's be real...

I still love my sweets,

and it just so happens to be a perfect time of year for that.
It's Girl Scout Cookie season people!



And if you read this post,
you know my feelings about
Girl Scout cookies.
Love is an understatement.
All I wanted for Valentine's Day this year 
was a box of Tagalongs (aka Peanut Butter Patties),
ALL TO MYSELF.
(Note: All caps.)


And I was a very happy girl when Travis showered me with just that.
Thanks Babe! :) 



Oh, and in other exciting, more important news:
We FINALLY decided on baby's name!
Kieran James.


Photo by Jeremy Chou.

It's Irish, like me! :)
And handsome like Travis. 

We are so excited to meet our little man,
the anticipation is killing me! 

Up next in the queue:
Baby Kieran's Nursery
Our fun Maternity Photo Shoot
Men and Cars
and Baby Showers Galore.
Stay tuned!

Happy Tuesday friends!

Xoxo
Aimee




No comments:

Post a Comment